Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Sunday 13 September 2015

Lyn wants us all to have some Quirky Animal Magic

 So animal magic it is, could be magical animals or just animals. My first card features Hedgehog Flower from one of our great sponsors, Bugaboo over at Quirky Crafts for the new challenge this fortnight.

I coloured him with Promarkers and die cut him and a scalloped panel with Spellbinders dies. I used Papermania Tatty Teddy paper (the blue) and DCWV cupcake paper, added some novelty buttons tied through with Tim Holtz paper string, and some polka dot chiffon ribbon which you can buy from Crafty Ribbons (as well as polka dot buttons). Happy Birthday is die cut using an IO die set that I use a lot.

I used the Papermania paper inside too, a slightly different design still pale blue.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Papertake Weekly - things with wings (Tues)
Crafty Ribbons - Happy Birthday (Thurs 24)
Moving along with the times - cute creatures (Thurs)
Left of Centre - die cuts (Fri)
Allsorts - Buttons (Sat)
Pile it on - birthday (Sun/Wed)
Little Miss Muffet - anything goes (24th Sept)

Oh the trouble I had with this card - maybe I will tell you another day - if you want to know! It turned out OK in the end I think.
This image is Charmaine Flannery's We're All Mad Here, from another of our sponsors - Sweet Pea Stamps. She is pretty Quirky I think, do you like her beautiful green hair? She has a crazy cat on her lap (Cheshire cat maybe?), see the playing cards flying round? I coloured her with Promarkers and Graph'it Markers (the turquoise background), and added highlights with paperwhite Sharpie marker. The frame is die cut using two Spellbinders dies, Locking Loops and a rectangle to take out the centre before mounting it on another rectangle. All around the frame I used flat backed pearls in purple, then the first paper pack I picked up was perfect for the colour scheme, it is a Papermania pack of metallic spots and stripes, which dictated to me that I needed silver behind it. The purple brads are silver ones coloured with Promarker, I added lace and ribbon, and the Just for You is one of my brand new never before used dies by Tonic, and it cut very nicely with no problems at all.

I've entered the following challenges:
TTCRD - anything goes Sept 8 - 14
Tuesday Throwdown - anything goes
Crafty Gals - bingo ribbon, hand coloured digi, sentiment (either card fits) (Wed)
Glitter and Sparkle - 154 something beginning with G (green hair) (Sun)
Ribbon Girl - any image (Sun)
Crafting from the heart - #76 anything goes (Mon)
Creative Fingers - #92 anything goes (Fri?)
Coffee, chocolate and cards - fancy and feminine (Sept)
Delicious Doodles - Dark (Sept)
Unicorn Challenges - mythical and magical (30 Sept)

Finally we have one more sponsor, Robyn's Fetish who are giving third prize in the Quirky Crafts Challenge this fortnight. So hop on over to see more Animal Magic and to play along with us.

20 comments:

  1. Wouw beautiful i love it, and thanks so much for playing along with us at CC&CC.
    Hugs Anneke DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards, the girl and her cat love me !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super bright and beautiful card, great fun image.

    Thanks for joining in our button challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful cards...thanks for sharing at pile it on

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Cazzy! Two gorgeous cards! I love them both! The little hedgie is super cute and I love those vibrant colours! Your second card is beautiful - what a lovely image - and beautifully coloured!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! Her green hair is beautiful. Thanks for joining our 'Fancy and Feminine' challenge over at CC & CC. We hope to see you again!
    ~ Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cute card.
    Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week :)
    AnyOldCraft

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous colouring! Thanks for joining in with our first challenge. Lisa DT Unicorn Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cazzy,
    what a wonderful image of that cute hedgehog .
    Super bright colours, and great design.
    Thank you for joining the MAWTT challenge.
    Love, and Hugs. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable - Your colors are wonderful and the card is so much fun! Thanks for joining the Anything goes challenge at Little Miss Muffet this week!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is one cute image! Love the bold colors, so happy! Thanks for playing along at Crafty Gals Corner's Bingo Challenge. Lisa DT
    In The Crafting Cave with Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your great job on both cards. To me, the colors are prefect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute and colourfu!Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner. I hope to see you again soon. Good luck!
    ♥ Lena - DT
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  14. The colouring is fabulous. Thank you so much for joining us at Unicorn Challenge Blog this month. Hugs Traci DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello again, Cazzy! You already know I love these cards! I'm just popping in from Glitter n Sparkle to thank you for joining us in our "Use Something Beginning with G" challenge. Wishing you the best of luck in our prize draw!

    KT Fit Kitty
    Glitter n Sparkle DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. GREAT cards!!
    Thanks for joining us last week at PIO!
    Hope to see you join us again soon!
    Have a GREAT Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both fabulous cards, Cazzy, love the colours and image on the 2nd one, thank you for sharing with us at Delicious Doodles, this month, best of luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love the cards you have made they are wonderful. Thank you for joining us at Delicious Doodles Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow fabulous cards. I really love the darker one :) The image is stunning.

    Thanks for joining the monthly challenge here at Delicious Doodles challenge. Hope you will join us next time Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.