Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Sunday 26 July 2015

Quirky's still all white - alright!

It's reminder time at Quirky Crafts Challenge blog, and our sponsor is Stitchy Bear Digital Outlet who kindly provided images to the team to work with.
I chose to use this wonderful Snow Deer Scene by Ike's Art, and this is a set containing the main image that I used above, the scene with no deer, and both deer separately so that you have a lot of options for using different elements of it, or even decoupaging it.
I coloured the deer with ProMarkers, and as the challenge is everything white except for the image, this image is perfect! I added a little Ice Stickles glue to the snow on the trees and bushes and the ground to give that icy sparkle effect. The image is cut out and mounted on a scalloped panel die cut with Spellbinders Grand scalloped rectangles, then mounted on a white card blank made from textured white card. I used a Papermania Christmas Words set of dies to cut Christmas and Greetings from glitter card, and that is simply it.

My second card features the beautiful New Baby image, also by Ike's Art, which I die cut with an oval die then mounted it on to a die cut pearlescent frame both dies are from the same Card Maker set by Spellbinders. I coloured the image with ProMarkers. I added a small bow of pretty white ribbon from Crafty Ribbons, and die cut the word "Love" (with a Spellbinders die), which I think is all you need.

Please come and see the other gorgeous examples from the team and play along with us at Quirky Crafts, you could be a winner and win some of these wonderful images from our sponsor. Any CAS cards which have a lot of white space will work fine too.

I have entered the following challenges:
Snow scene
Tuesday Throwdown - Christmas in July
Papertake Weekly - build it up (Tues)
Addicted to Stamps - #154 CAS (Wed)
Cute Card Thursdays - pets/animals 
My Time to Craft - Christmas in July (Sat)
Christmas Card Challenges - anything goes #34 (Sun)

New Baby
Crafty Gals - To Die For #29 (Wed)
Inspiration Destination - #43 anything goes (Wed)
Crafty Ribbons - anything goes with ribbon #124 (Thurs)
I love Promarkers - CAS (Thurs)
Glitter and Sparkle - use something beginning with B - baby's feet image (Sun)
One Stitch at a Time - children #242 (Sun)
Fab n Funky - no patterned paper (11th Aug)

18 comments:

  1. Hi Cazzy. Brilliant duo . Love both cards .The Christmas card is a stunner with those beautiful deer. Thanks for sharing with Christmas card challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Cazzy! The top one with the coloured deer and everything else white and black looks awesome - makes the deer pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner! Jeanie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet baby card thanks for sharing at crafty ribbons. Love the Christmas card too

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous project, Cazzy. Such a beautiful serene winter scene. Love the colours and embellishment details. Thanks for joining the Christmas In July challenge at Tuesday Throwdown.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Fab N Funky this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards!! Thanks for playing with us at Addicted to Stamps and More!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty thanks for playing Crafty Ribbons lovely design love and hugs Carole x DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet I love your card thank you for joining us at I love pro markers challenge blog x good luck hugs sharon xx (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards. I especially love the elegance of the baby card. Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner. I hope to see you again soon.
    ♥ Lena - DT
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both so stunning, Cazzy! I just ooh and aah over all that white which really draws our eyes to the main focus of your designs!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two beautiful cards - both very elegant.

    Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday and Fab'n'Funky.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are just sooo beautiful Cazzy and thank you for choosing my images :-D
    Thank you for making such a great project using our Digis.
    It is a pleasure to sponsor you and I hope you have enjoyed working with our images.

    Best wishes,

    IKE x

    DT for StitchyBear Digi Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, both cards are just beautiful. I can't pick a fav cause both are just splendid. :D Thanks for joining our AG w/Children Challenge at One Stitch At A Time.
    Hugs,
    Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are both super cards, Thanks for playing on MAWTT, Hazel (Didos) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a pretty Christmas card! The scene is beautiful and I love the design.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, great image, thanks for sharing at Fab'n'Funky.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.