Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Sunday 20 July 2014

The Silk Road - its Quirky oriental!

Monica set us the challenge to make something oriental. We have two sponsors at Quirky Crafts and they both have great oriental characters and sayings.
My first card is made with Mewshu Pork cat from Squigglefly, with Chinese thank you also from Squigglefly. I coloured them both with Promarkers and a gold Spica pen, and fussy cut them before sitting the cat on top of the sentiment box. The papers are a Make Me pack of Han-Ji papers of two designs. I added a doubled tassled cord to finish. When I tried to tie on the cord I found I had stuck the cat and sentiment on totally the wrong way round so had to cut the panel out again and mount it on another card blank, so easily done!

This little cat slurped his way into the following challenges:
Squigglefly - over the edge (closes today)
Incy Wincy Designs - strings and things (Mon/Tues)
Graphit Markers - #28 Christmas colours (ends 25th July, winners #30)



My next card features Lucy Loo Bookaholic by Unky from The East Wind. She has such beautiful hair, and it is so so long (and full of wildlife)! I coloured her with Promarkers and die cut her with Spellbinders long rectangles. The papers and embellishments are by Papermania, and the ribbon is Crafty Ribbons. Normally I would keep the two sponsors apart but the Chinese proverb about a A book is Like a Garden.. from Squigglefly, which I cut out with a Spellbinders book die, was so perfect for this image - I hope I am forgiven!

Lucy Loo has read her way into the following challenges:
Incy Wincy Designs - strings and things (Mon/Tues)
I love Promarkers - Girls, Girls, Girls - (Wed)
Chocolate, Coffee and Cards - for the birds (bird and nest in her hair) (Fri)
Creative Fingers - anything goes #43 (closes Fri)
Charisma cards - anything goes (23rd July)
That Craft Place - anything goes (Sun 3rd Aug)
Open Minded Crafting Fun - vacation related (I always read lots on vacation) (Aug 9th)
I am thrilled that Pam picked me as her favourite, it means more to me than to be randomly picked for a prize!



13 comments:

  1. These are just so beautiful and the images are gorgeous so beautifully coloured too! yes it's me Sandra H lol thank you for your lovely coment too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing with us this week at Incy Wincy’s Strings & Things challenge! Hope to see your work in our next challenge!
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous designs, Cazzy!
    Thank you for joining us at the Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenge. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these are fabulous! Love them! Your coloring is just awesome! LOVE that little Kitty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful card, thanks for joining us at Charisma this week, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great cards I love the oriental look. Jacqui DT Open Minded Crafting

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh super card love the image ,bless you for playing at That Craft place this week hugs Cherylxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards! Love your Lucy Loo Bookaholic, she's fabulous! Perfect sentiment too. Thanks for joining our Vacation challenge at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge! Mo dt xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, Fabulous colouring. Thanks for sharing it with us at I Love ProMarkers. Good luck, hugs from Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab cards, great colouring! Thanks for joining us at Graph'It Colouring challenge this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just gorjuss hun, thanks for joining us at that craft place this week. Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your cards! The coloring is just awesome. And I'm with you, I always do read more while on vacation! :)

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  13. great image and a great make - thanks for joining That Craft Place and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.