Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Sunday 27 July 2014

Further down The Quirky Silk Road....reminder

For my first reminder card, at the Quirky Crafts challenge blog, I used Lucy Loo Fire Dancer from The East Wind. I printed her in two sizes and this was the largest, she is still very intricate to colour and I think she needs to be bigger still!
I coloured her with Promarkers, added a bit of Spica pen to the flames for sparkle then rough cut her out to go on the dark background. The paper is more (other side of red double sided) Papermania, and so are the stickers.

This card has burned its way into the following challenges:
Graphit Markers - wk#30 Hot Colours (8th Aug).
The Paper Shelter - anything goes (5th Aug)
Paula Holifield Crafts - It's Magic (July)

For this masculine birthday card I used Junk Boat from Squigglefly with Chinese Happy Birthday from Squigglefly also. Both are coloured with Promarkers and I added a few waves with a white Prismacolor pencil.
I die cut the Junk Boat after marking the part that came outside the die which I cut around manually afterwards.
Paper is Papermania, and it has a slightly metallic sheen. The sentiment is not straight but the Affixit tape is so instantly permanent that I daren't try and peel it off to straighten it! I added a Chinese coin charm, might be Woodware.

This card has sailed into the following challenges:
Creative Fingers - #44 anything goes (8th Aug)

I thought I should show you the first prize for this challenge, it is so good!

Just look at all the goodies you can win from That Craft Place!
If you come second or third you can win some digis from Squigglefly or The East Wind, both sponsors have highly desirable digital images.


2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, a fabulous image and I love the colours.
    Thank you for taking part in A Little Bit Crafty Challenge this month.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card. Thanks for joining the Graph'It marker challenge - hot colours. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.