Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Sunday 10 November 2013

Well Done WIP

Somebody wanted some Well Done cards a while ago, and I finally got round to it, although these are a bit of a work in progress. The one above was the first, and it took me all morning to make, but that was due to having to find the rosette die, then seaching through all of my stamps for a Well Done stamp, and this one is from a Kanban set and is meant to be a car number plate! I am amazed there isn't a Well Done in any other congratulatory or general set that I own! The celebrate circle is from a little MSE set. The rosette is a Tim Holtz rosette die by Sizzix, and the sentiment and scalloped circles are Spellbinders.
I embossed the background with a folder by Cuttlebug. The reason I haven't made these before is the eBosser, it just wasn't cutting with Sizzlets, until after a year of owning it I bought the metal shim from Oyster Crafts at a show and now my Sizzlets cut beautifully (one problem solved then), the shim is now alarmingly bent so I guess I need to alternate the side that goes through like the cutting plate is alternated to preserve it. Anyway I digressed, I could have got the Big Shot off the shelf to make these, but if you have seen my desk photo below you will know there is nowhere to set it up right now!

I started on blue versions, I haven't added the Well Done yet, need to stamp and heat emboss some in silver. The next one is on a maroon card which looks better, no picture yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.