Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Wednesday 9 October 2013

Diamond wedding

 My parents recently celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary, and about a week before I organised a surprise family meal, and days before I ordered a cake to be made by a friend of the family. I decided to make them a Bookatrix card, this is the box lid. I found this pretty border stamp in a set that I think could be Papermania, I am not certain. I used Brilliance metallic sky blue ink and toned it down with white pearl embossing powder. The letters are die cut, the eBosser doesn't like Sizzlits so they aren't great. The hearts were punched with a Martha Stewart punch, the dates hand written by Vanessa, her writing is neater than mine!
Here is the card in the box. I stamped the ivory pearlescent layers with the same border stamp, and added gems to the blue pearlescent. The everlasting hearts sentiment is Visible Image, and is stamped and heat embossed in PI detail white. The left hand side has Mum & Dad, the Mum and Dad are Papermania the & is Visible Image, and Happy Anniversary is Hero Arts. The ribbons are all from Crafty Ribbons, the white with flowers is perfect. Then I found some daisies that went with the monochrome colour scheme, the only splash of a different colour is red, I wanted to add two red heart gems. 60th is die cut with a Sizzlets alphabet set.

I even stamped inside the bottom of the box.

 Out of the box, the bookmark is vellum, as is the top page, Papermania printed vellum which was 6"x6" so I had to make two pages and join them, and the bookmark was diagonal. I stamped Together (Inkadinkado) and heat embossed in white, then stamped more of the blue leaves on it, added a couple of gems and attached it with a ribbon. The pages are kept in place by brads in each corner of the first page, the foam sticky pads wouldn't hold them. I matted the whole thing on the blue card, and added a couple of layers of card to re-inforce the base and keep it flat.
I notched the lid with a Sizzix Paddle Punch and added gem brads (Dovecraft) to the corners.

I have entered the following challenges:
Chocolate, coffee and cards - flowers (Friday)
Crafty Ribbons - anything goes with ribbon
Papertake Weekly - two by two (two people, and two embellishments ribbon and flowers..)
Simon Says Wednesday challenge - use a rubber stamp

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Cazzy :-) I am sure your Mum and Dad will LOVE this !!

    Congratulations to them on their 60th Anniversary ! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.