Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Monday 2 September 2013

I like to Quirky Move It, Move It!

It is my turn to set the challenge at Quirky Crafts, and I have been so busy with family here over the bank holiday then Bethany here for a week, and yesterday I had a stall at the Bradford on Avon Fringe Festival kick off day, then we took Beth back to South Wales, and went out to eat there before heading home exhausted again!
So by the time I did all I had to do to set up the challenge post I didn't get started on my card until this afternoon.
I decided I wanted to do a pop up card so I went to SCS to find a tutorial and I used the one I found to create the mechanism. I only watched the video once so I hope I got this right. I tried to hide the feet of the mechanism, on show in the original, by cutting slits in the paper but I got that a little wrong so had to cut more. Maybe I will get it right next time.

The front of the card has a cake and sentiment from Birthday Fun from our wonderful sponsor The Cutting Cafe, I cut out a second cake to layer on the first to give a 3d appearance, and I was going to add a few more layers but decided that would make the card too chunky. I coloured the cake with Promarkers and added holographic glitter glue to the icing, and grounded the cake with a blue table.

Inside the card I used two monsters and a circular sentiment from A Bunch of Monsters from The Cutting Cafe, but added party hats and balloons from Birthday fun, and made the background papers from Birthday fun too. You get so many images and sentiments in these sets and they both have loads, so are great value for money especially if you look out for cyber Monday deals where you get loads of sets for a bargain price!
 This isn't the greatest photo, or maybe I didn't get it quite right this time, I will check and maybe try again.

I hope someone will love this card, it is so cute even if not totally right yet! I had fun making it!

So hop on over to Quirky Crafts to see some more wonderful ideas for projects with moving parts, and to join in and maybe win some of these wonderful file sets from our sponsor.

I have entered the following challenges:
ABC Challenges - U for Unlimited (Sundays)
Pollycraft - for the kids (alternate Wednesdays)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.