Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Sunday 24 March 2013

My brother's birthday card.

Now that he has the card, hand delivered by my parents today, I can show you what I made for my brother. He is a big ornathologist, even guarding some protected birds of prey when he was in the RAF. His present is also bird related, hence the card, I bought a piece of pottery with a bird in a tree to hang on his wall from the Made in Bradford on Avon shop, I wish I had taken a photo before I dashed it over to my parents, but it was all a bit of a rush, when I didn't need to take it for another day really. I hope he likes it better than my father likes his cat activity centres (about which he is still complaining).

The card features die cut shapes using a Sizzix Bigz die, I used the flower as a sun this time, and cut it in corrugated card, the bird is cut from a book page, a very old battered copy of Worzle Gummidge I picked up second hand to save it from the recycling bin. Brother is a Papermania stamp from a family set, and Happy Birthday is from a Hero Arts set. Polka dot ribbon from Fantastic Ribbons, and the spotty card was a piece of A5 I got from Payperbox pick and mix years ago.

I have entered this card in the following challenges:
Coffee, Chocolate and cards - Bring on Spring.

Anyway I will be back later with some more examples for the Quirky Challenge reminder post, I am having a battle with the ecraft which I so want to love, but it doesn't seem to want me to love it! I have had it since they came out and hardly used it becuase it always seems to fight me!

For those of you who follow my blog with Google Reader - this is about to disappear, however there is a replacement called Bloglovin, which seems to be even better. You can import all your blogs you are following from reader (do it before it goes) and it emails a daily activity update which I love because that way I don't miss anything and it is easy to scroll down through.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.