Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Saturday 1 September 2007

Postie has been!

This year has flown by and it is September already!

I got my Craft Stamper magazine, October issue today! I love this magazine so much I even bought binders to keep it in. It always has such rich sumptious projects in it mixed with simpler ones. Sadly I don't seem to get round to doing the various projects but I live in hope, and every issue has a free rubber stamp which is royalty free. Computer magazines are even earlier, I seemed to have October at the beginning of August!

I managed to enter the August issue competition and giveaways last week, I used to do loads of competitions in all magazines and on products, and I have won a few prizes over the years. I am probably a bit of a saddo, as I have kept my winning letters in a folder going back years. I have won clothes, towels, Microsoft Office Professional (it was the runner up prize, a computer being first prize would have been useful as I didn't have one at the time), toys, tickets to craft shows, a steamer, books, all sorts! The one thing my boys were fairly disgusted that I had even entered for was a box of herbal laxatives, they never got used (well funny thing was I found the box somewhere years later in a box of the boys toys and there were some missing). I won a years supply of tights from the local paper once for creating a caption to a cartoon, a set of Wilkinson Sword scissors that are still in use, and something else that escapes my memory right now! I think the local paper must have blacklisted me after that as I didn't win again!
I have won a few crafting prizes over the last few years, I would love to win one for making a card but they have been draws or logo competitions so far. I need to enter cards in comps to win them, I have entered a few but not enough!

I have an entry in the DoCrafts crafter of the year comp at the moment. I want to enter the card maker of the year in one of the other magazines, there are so many categories I could enter I would have to make more cards than usual but you have to send them in so I wouldn't be increasing my standby stock or stock for sale for charity!

I have never won anything really big like a car or washing machine.

Lately I have so little energy I find that by the time I get round to thinking about entering a comp the closing date has gone. So i was pleased that I managed the Craft Stamper comp, especially as it is something I have been lusting after - Krafty Lady Art Moulds for individual letters of the alphabet all different! I saw something made with them and fell in love, then found out the price!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.