Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Wednesday 20 August 2014

Carousel - altered art.


I posted this photo of my partly painted Carousel ages ago, last year anyway. It is a Kaisercraft Carousel that came in white, or off white anyway. I thought it was just crying out for the big white spaces round the edge to be decorated, and I started it - but other stuff got in the way and it stayed on the floor under other stuff until yesterday. I had a kind of life changing moment, which is described in the previous post!

This is the carousel on my desk right now. I can't turn it due to the stashberg next to it, so the next task is to sort that out a little, and I have the pink "Stuff Bucket" which was in that spot before. I went through that and moved a lot of stash over to the carousel, and already I can find it better and organise it better. I found stuff I forgot I had and haven't seen for a long time as well as a couple of mystery objects!

I got my stencils out and "Air Brush" marker spritzer and my Promarkers and Graphit markers and got to work. The stencils are all Creative Expresions ones. I love poppies, and airbrushed them in two colours. I think I need to add a butterfly somewhere, a charm or a stamped one maybe.

This panel has birds on overhead wires and I overstamped with Visible Image feathers, birds and a saying, it is hard to read the saying which didn't work well but it says "free your imagination". You can see the spritzer in the organiser.

This was the first panel I did last year, I didn't have the spritzer then so I used Cut n Dry foam to dab it, then over stamped it with the cogs.

I love this stencilled effect, I used a Graphit turquoise marker to air brush this one. Needs something else.

 Raindrops, I will have to find an umbrella to add!
Finally part of a scene, just the houses.

Then I painted round the rims with some Plaid Folk Art Acrylic paint in burgandy, it doesn't go right the way inside the drawers. The rest of the paint is either by Indigo Blu or Paperartsy. I painted two coats of burgandy then this morning doodled on it with gold Permapaque pen, which was one of two pens I chose with a gorgeous Stampendous stamp as my prize from the Woodware challenge I won.

I think there is more to do to this, more to add to the stencilled panels, more doodling and those drawers look a bit bare now don't they? I am thinking of adding brass charms maybe to the panels.

I have entered the following challenges:
Anything but a card - #38 repeating patterns (Sun)
Allsorts - masking and stencilling #272 (Sat)
Pan Pastels - #20 bold and bright (14th Sept)
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything goes (Aug 25th)
Stamping Sensations - anything goes (Aug)
Visible Image - anything goes with a Visible Image stamp (Aug)

14 comments:

  1. What a fab project, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Cazzy is brilliant and hold so much thank you for finding me on facebook l thought it was you had to check though! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spotted you on Craft Sellers by the dies I saw on your blog first, lol. I did leave a comment there telling you it was me! xx

      Delete
  3. Wow, what a great project! I just love all the bright fun colours and it's something you can actually use! Fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous creation! Thank you for joining us for this week's challenge at Allsorts, we hope you come again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love what you have done to brighten up your carousel Cazzy, you have inspired me to give mine a face lift.

    Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such an awesome project. It is fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Through the Craft Room Door.
    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That turned out so pretty!
    Thank you for joining us over at Pan Pastel UK Challenge.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a makeover! It looks fab and I love those vibrant colours. Thanks so much for joining us at PanPastel UK
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a fun make, so many different things to look at...well done and thank you for joining us at Visible Image x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so awesome! Love what you did with it. Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Stamping Sensation.
    Eret x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great bit of up-cycling there Cazzy, love it! Thanks for entering in the Visible Image challenge. Good luck! Kim @ Visible Image

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea you've had. I like your different patterns on each of the panels. Thank you for joining in at Anything But A Card. Cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful and such a great way to organize and be inspired at the same time! Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But a Card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.