Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Thursday 1 May 2014

Need a smile? I do.

 This Grinning Pug from Squigglefly makes me smile, how could you not smile looking at this! There is a pet advert, for doggie dental chews, where all the dogs end up with off with false teeth - unless they get the dental chews of course, it is really funny (not that I often watch adverts), these grinning dogs remind me of that advert! Maybe I should add a gemstone twinkle. I might have to purchase the other two dogs in the set, I hope there will be more, Schauzers would be good! I printed the image then coloured it with Promarkers, the fur is pastel beige, which just subtly changes it from white. I need to study pug colours! It didn't need much colouring.
I die cut the pug, and a piece of Gelli Print ghost print from the other day, and scalloped squares in glittery steel, the sentiment is made up by me using Page Plus, then die cut and mounted on the sparkly steel. Both of those are mounted on a piece of woodgrained gold card, bone eyelets added to the corners and mounted on a pale blue leather effect card blank that I cut and scored myself.
Not had a good day today, some of my cards were accused of not being handmade, and looking "assembled", maybe I should have told the people concerned to read my blog where every card is described in detail. I'm afraid I took it very personally, and as I have been under a lot of stress for the past few weeks, and this week hasn't been great so far I got upset, stupid stupid me.

Today was Slimming World day, and at least there we had such a good laugh because one of our members is a natural born comedian, she should be on the stage! Laughter is good for you, it must have helped - right?
Inside this card, panels of doggy print card, I have a lot of this stuff. I kept it to the palest colour so it can be written over.

I have entered the following challenges:
That Craft Place - anything goes (April)
Cards Galore Encore - anything goes (May)

I have recently bought a whole load of yarn at bargain prices from a lady who sells on Facebook under the name Knitting Mad. I have a load of balls of DK cotton in various colours, and while I try to decide what to do with that I decided to start on this shrug. I love this sequined yarn which is sort of dip dyed in shades of purple. I have a little bolero I normally wear over dresses or tops for formal occasions and for dinner in the hotel when we go away, but I have lost so much weight it is too big. So I need a replacement and I searched for and found this shrug pattern and thought it would be perfect. I had a dilemma over size, do I go for the size range that I am at the bottom of right now, or the one below that I plan to be in soon? I started on the larger size, then changed my mind. A shrug is just a pair of sleeves joined across the back, so does the bust measurement make a huge difference here, it doesn't fasten in any way or have a front. 
Well since starting this we have had a wedding invite, so I could need it for that - I also need to find a dress or outfit to wear with it!
These are the colours of cotton I have, the darkest blue at the top is intended for something for Kenny, I have two balls of that. I have 4 in the palest pink, which isn't in the photo. I was thinking of a seperate little top from that. So the rest is what I have to work with for a striped jumper. 
The first pattern I found was this one in Inside Crochet magazine, and I thought I would make it but looking again I am not sure I like the back view, I still might make this, and I might have to get some red cotton to go with it, or I could keep it to more muted colours that I have.
I found another pattern in a hard back book I have had for years, it is similar but skinnier and longer and with a much deeper welt. I tried a tension piece and found that it must be for Aran not DK. Sportsweight can be either apparently - it is an American book so needed translating to European terms before I found the yarn was too thin to do it.

 Or I could make this cardigan, but more stripes, there isn't enough of any one colour to make this exactly, and I am not sure I really like it.

This is a cardigan from an extremely old hard back crochet book from the 70s, I have always loved this, I think I attempted it once, can't remember what happened. I would love to do this one, but is it too dated? and is it long enough, I wanted long, maybe could alter it but that might not work out.
Another oldish book, and a Tunisian crochet sweater, I quite like it, I don't have the sizes in the Tunisian hooks needed. 

So I need to decide what to make, or find another pattern that suits the yarn that I like.
Oh and I have a bag full of bamboo and cotton yarn in 4 ply, and on order I have recycled cotton aran yarn for a specific pattern that I fell in love with from Inside crochet, and I bought some chunky yarn to make a scarf........


4 comments:

  1. I love your smiler card Caz, hes cute & funny & no way looks "assembled". Ignore them, you know the truth about your cards & your Facebook, your blog & Quirky Crafts fans all know that they are handmade by YOU!!!
    {{{{hugs}}}} for a better day than yesterday hun
    Love Marg xx ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cazzy, I love the dog with the smiley face. Great Fun card. Thankyou for playing along at That Craft Place. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Caz, super cute image and I love the paper.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Anything Goes #5, Dawn DT Member x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.