Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Sunday 11 May 2014

As Proud as a Quirky Peacock

Monica set us a beautiful challenge this time at Quirky Crafts, and it is all about peacocks, feathers, peacock colours, and beauty! I decided to use the Mehendi Peacock Digital Stamp and Paper Pack by Coosty Creations, which contains papers and just one of the many peacock images that our sponsor, Stitchy Bear Digital Stamps, gave us to work with.
I think this is a fabulous challenge, and made this into a fabulous birthday card! I coloured the Mehendi peacock image from the pack with Atyou Spica pens to give it that lovely peacock shine, I keep finding bits that need touching up, and this stuff (like other metallic ink) seems to rough up my card stock. I will try either Prismacolor pencils, or Promarkers on it next to see what can be done.
I just happened to notice some peacock feathers in a box on my shelf a few days ago, and decided this was the perfect time to use one! They are from Crafty Devils and I can't remember if I bought or won them but they are in a box of stash I had long forgotten about that I think was a prize, so I might have won these.
I used three different papers on the front (all three and the image are cut with Spellbinders dies, had to hang that tail out), and I stamped the sentiment with a Brilliance Peacock ink pad, seemed appropriate! Originally I stamped it and heat embossed in gold onto the patterned paper, then changed my mind. 
(this was it in gold, I didn't think it showed up enough once I took the photo).
The stamp is a Hero Arts one from a clear set, this time I heat embossed with clear powder, and edged it with A Wink of Stella gold, that is a strange pen - I had to try one when I saw it at a show being sold by Little Claire, you keep it upright when not in use, squeeze the barrel to get the ink flowing (after shaking), and every time I squeeze it gold ink is coming out where it shouldn't be. Is that usual or is that just mine?

One of the papers in the pack is this ombre one with a 3d embossed effect, you don't see the effect on the front small panel so much, which is too small scale but you can on this size (the card is C5 size).

Every time I see a peacock I remember my friend's wedding reception. It was held in a barn which was converted to a functions room, and in the yard was a peacock which either got amorous or jealous of a bright blue car parked in the car park - it did a lot of damage!
As usual you can see more inspiration and a very funny video, and join in the fun if you hop on over to Quirky Crafts

My peacock card strutted into the following challenges:
One Stitch at a Time - use a digi (Sun)
Left of Centre - masculine colours (BH weekend Fri)
Creative Fingers - anything goes (Fri)
Country View Challenges - Nature's Glories (May)
Papertake Weekly - anything goes (Tues)
Polkadoodles - something old -peacock feather, something new -Images and digi paper pack(Fri 16th May)
I found a Design Seeds palette for this, so I can enter Pan Pastels  pick a colour palette challenge ends May 17th.

11 comments:

  1. OH WOW Cazzy, this is just stunning. I love the way you have constructed this beautiful creation and the addition of a real peacock feather is perfection in itself. Thank you so much hun for showcasing my Mehnndi Peacock Coosty Creations pack in such a beautiful way and I hope you enjoyed working with it as much as I have enjoyed seeing your card Big Hugs Jane (Coosty Creations) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane, I did enjoy working with your image. I am glad you liked what I did.

      Do you have an angel policy?
      Cazzy xx

      Delete
    2. TOU should be in the pack hun :) xx

      Delete
  2. A gorgeous peacock - fabulous color choices. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Creative Fingers Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Thanks for joining us in our Colour Palette challenge at http://panpasteluk.blogspot.co.uk/
    Anjie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is just beautiful. Love the color combo and the blending of the colors, super job. :D Thanks for joining us at OSAAT use a Digi Challenge.
    Deborah OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely job and that peacock feather is amazing. Thank you for playing along this week at OSAAT. I sure hope to see you back again very soon. Good Luck in the challenge!!!

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl OSAAT DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a stunning card! Beautiful image and backing papers and I just LOVE that feather! Thank you so much for joining us last week at OSAAT and we hope to see you again for this weeks new challenge 'Keep it simple' that starts today at midday! Hugs
    NIKKI DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card and a gorgeous mix of peacock colours. Thank you for joining us at Country View challenges for our Nature's Glories challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to have to look for that Mehendi Peacock set - I am living in India at the moment so it would be really appropriate!! (So far it has only been elephants!) Anyway - I love your card - the image, the different layers of papers and the feather! thanks for joining us T LOC and hope to see you in the next challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.