Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Sunday 23 March 2014

Happy Birthday Dad

It was Dad's birthday yesterday, and I know he liked a Flippin' Men card I made for my brother once, so decided to get out the Flippin' Men (drawn by the talented Jak Heath) and make him a card.
I cut an aperture in the brown leather look card with a Spellbinders Grand Nestability label, I cut a larger size in acetate and made a frame from the two sizes to cover the edges of the acetate inside the card.
I cut and coloured the back and front man on a beer barrel using Graph'its for the barrel wood and Promarkers for the rest, before fussy cutting the top part of the image. I stamped Happy Birthday from a Hero Arts clear set in copper and heat embossed it. Dad is heat embossed also and is a Papermania stamp.
I thought this brown check card was perfect for an inside panel, and I stamped cheers on it and a row of beer glasses so they showed above the man's head when the card is closed. Dad is also stamped on the brown check card and die cut to go on the front. 
The quote from the set is stamped in brown on parchment which is torn and inked. In the side of the panel I cut a slit for a pocket to put a gift card in, this doesn't show when the card is closed.
Finally I added some baker's twine to match his suit.
Dad loved it, Happy Birthday Dad!

I have entered the following challenges:
Allsorts - All about the boy (Sat)

2 comments:

  1. Love love love it, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely project Cazzy! Thank you so much for participating in our challenge at Allsorts and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.