Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Tuesday 10 December 2013

Splatters here, splatters there....

I made this card for the Take it Make it Craft Stamper challenge, sadly I looked at the Inlinkz closing time, and not the date in the post, and the Inlinkz is still open for a few days despite the winners just being announced.
So I thought I would show you it anyway. The multicoloured card is a result of me "painting off" my brush after painting the organiser that I still need to finish. I added splatters to it with some runny rose pink Fresco paint, the other paints used were Fresco by PaperArtsy and some English Cottage Acylics paint by Indigo Blu. The bird is an Indigo Blu stamp called Take Flight coloured with Promarkers and cut out by hand and I tried not to position it so it looked like it was creating the splatters! I die cut my large panel with Spellbinders A2 card creator biggest size rectangle and die cut the fancy lattice to go on top as a frame, this is a tricky one to attach, I wonder if it was Spellbinder's mistake that it cuts out the middle too? When looking at demo's on the card creator dies I see that every presenter shows the lattice dies then quickly puts them down and demo's a different set! If anyone knows of any examples of cards using the lattice dies I would love to know.
You could attach the lattice using brads, or do as I have done and use glue dots but put something over the top to hide them.
I cut out some flowers with a Joy Craft die, from the multicoloured card and decided to use the negative too, it is too good not to.
The burgandy leather effect card is splattered with Alcohol inks, a couple of colours of mixative, copper and pearl.
I added some teal ribbon, and some Card Candi by Craftwork Cards. Hoping someone will love this card.

I have entered the following challenges:
Allsorts challenge blog - anything but Christmas (Saturdays)
Artful Times - Die cuts or punches. (also max 5 challenges allowed)
Pan Pastels - anything goes (Sundays)
Stamping Sensations - free and easy (December)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenges - make your own background

5 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Cazzy, your backgrounds are beautiful and a wonderful colour scheme. I love your stunning bird!!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your fabby project with the DT from Premium Craft Brands, hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous project and so much skill and detail involved. Thankyou for joining in my Challenge at Allsorts this week. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm not used this die. If I remember I will ask about it.
    Nevertheless I love what you have done. Gorgeous colours too.
    Thanks for joining us at Artful Times.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card isvery beautiful and I love the colours

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.