Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Sunday 11 August 2013

Quirky picnic reminder

This is a reminder that you have until Saturday 17th at midday to share your picnic and barbeque projects at Quirky Crafts. If you make the top three you can win a generous voucher from Crackerbox Palace who are sponsoring this challenge and who kindly provided the images I have used today.

I decided to make a gatefold card, and all the ants and tiny watermelons are paper peiced, using images I coloured on white card, oh boy, I added a lot of of those cute and quirky ants!  The very tiny marching ants are just coloured on the green card. The food the ants are carrying was also coloured on white card then decoupaged so the ants could be carrying it without losing bits of ant! I haven't worked out how to save these as a bitmap that doesn't have a square round it yet.
I die cut the letters with Quickutz lifestyle dies, in the same blue gingham paper I used inside, which is meant to look like a tablecloth. Finally I added some tiny gingham ribbon from Crafty Ribbons to match the paper.
What do you think? Would you like to give this, or receive it as a birthday card? 

Inside the card, more ants! The sentiment from our sponsor was die cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities.
I have entered the following challenges:
Pink Gem - Summer (ends 16th August)
Crafts Too Challenges - Summer days (Fridays)
Creative Corner Challenges - Food and Drink (ends Wendesday 16th)
A little bit Crafty - Summer sun (ends Aug 29th)
One Crazy Crafter - Birthday (August challenge)
Cards Galore - August bingo - birthday, die cut, ribbn
Happy Campers - Summer ends 20th Aug?
Little Red Waggon - paper piecing, for fun no end date.
Pollycraft - fun in the sun (closes 13th Aug)
Ribbon Carousel - Summer Fun (August challenge)


Yesterday we had a family barbeque in the garden, and look at the lovely flowers Mum and Dad bought for me! I love purple.



6 comments:

  1. Fun card, thank you for playing along with us at ALBC & good luck. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on our Bingo challenge and your chosen line. Loving those ants!

    Thanks for taking part with us at Cards/Crafts Galore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card with those little bugs and the paper pieced food! Thanks for joining over at LRW this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fun! I tried to turn those ants into Pgn's but the whole things disappeared, so had to cut them out!
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, you must have spent HOURS on this card doing all that fussy cutting, paper piecing, etc. WOW! And it's so cute and perfect for our challenge, too! And so are the gorgeous dahlias. Thanks so much for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card! Thanks for joining us at ALBC! Laura xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.