Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Wednesday 31 July 2013

The Craft Barn Alpha Challenge - T for Tailleur (Tailor)


The Alpha Challenge at The Craft Barn is on T, no twists. I have so many words I could do in the T section!
For those who don't know, The Alpha Challenge was set at the beginning of the year, and the challenge was to alter an old dictionary. Every two weeks a new letter is given out - not in alphabetical order. Sometimes there is an extra twist to add something, or restriction on which words to use. By the end of the year the alphabet will have been completed.
I don't know if I will manage another of the 3 or 4 T words I have bookmarked though, I have one page prepared but I don't know how I am going to do it, and it will need a lot of doodling!
Well T for Tailleur, or tailor, I had a lot of fun with this one. I used my Toodles and Binks Habedashery stamps, first time they saw ink, and a new Stampendous stamp - the sewing machine. I also used some freebie stamps, the needle and the spool tops. I die cut some elements with a Sizzix Tim Holtz die called Sewing Room, and I wrapped the dummy with material tied with ribbon. I added a couple of scissor charms and a real button to finish.

12 comments:

  1. A lovely interpretation and an excellent word choice. Julie Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant, loveit!loveit!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your rendition of tailor. Great use of colour and stamps - very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your stamps and the way you have combinded them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these pages, so many great details to look at . LOVE those tiny scissors. MMx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sewing page and how you managed that for T - for tailor. Well done you. Thanks for visiting me too BJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the sewing details you've put on the page, wonderful project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous word choice and great pages love the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful make for the challenge. I love this challenge and so many talented people are playing. Great entry!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful pages, love the stamps and embellishments especially the dress form, brilliant.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is truly beautiful !!
    Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.