Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Tuesday 2 July 2013

Quirky reminder, and new cards.

Just a reminder that you have until midday Saturday to enter my Quirky Challenge - Everybody wants to be a cat. So far we don't seem to have many (if any) entries that are inspired by either the Aristocats film or the song, and that means if anyone does enter with anything inspired by either they stand a really good chance of making the top three!

I don't have a reminder card to show you, but if you hop on over to the Quirky Blog you will find some great new examples from the team.


 On Sunday we had a stall at the Canon's House fete in Devizes. Canon's House is a respite home for disabled children, and they can have 8 at a time but have 54 on the books. I took my spare stash to try and sell some, and I took all of my cards, which I took out of the shop, and made a few more. These hat cards were last minute but I am quite pleased with them, I have a bag of the hats, goodness knows where from. The middle card sold on the day, one of the three I sold! Die cut panel is Locking Loops by Spellbinders.

This little Papermania Rabbit image has been sitting waiting to go on a card for ages, and finally he is there! Hero Arts greeting and panel, Spellbinders butterfly circle and circle and some baker's twine to finish. Image coloured with Promarkers.

I have entered this card in the following challenges:

Stamping for the weekend - anything goes.

 I was told the theme was By The Sea, but it had changed to Hawaii on the day, I made some flip flop cards with a Sizzix Bigz die, which fitted either theme! The shell is a Accucut die, stamps I think are Papermania and Hero Arts sunglasses. The flip flop opens to reveal Fun in the Sun from the Hero Arts set.
Pink flip flop which I had to stick down as I had problems with some of the hinges which had cut through on the eBosser, maybe due to me cutting 3 sheets at once.

Several flip flop cards, some are topped with funky foam to look like real flip flops. I made envelopes with the WR Memory Keepers envelope punch tool which was so easy.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.