Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Sunday 21 July 2013

Phew it's so hot, so "I want to be, under the sea in an Octopus's garden by a cave" It's Quirky!


Daire set the challenge at Quirky Crafts and it is "An Octopus's Garden" by The Beetles. I can't stop singing this song, and have done for years, it seems to play in my head!

Now you don't have to have an octopus on your make but it must be under the sea with an undersea creature and a garden and if you hop on over you can see some more great examples.

The sponsors are Squigglefly, Paper Pretties and Robyn's Fetish, images provided by the first two. I have used Paper Pretties images on my first card, I used Daisy (fish in bowl), Billingsley (diving duck), Butterfly Blossoms, Max Splasher (dive bombing dog) and Hani (parrot in treasure chest). Most of these come with several great sentiments, Best Fishes is one that comes with Daisy.

All the images are coloured with Promarkers or Trias, the treasure chest is finished with gold Stickles and Liquid Pearls. Paper is by Papermania from years ago. Sentiment die cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities.

You know that awful feeling when you have spent hours colouring images and cutting them out, assembled your card, punched eyelets, added patterned paper to the inside and you are feeling pleased, then you turn it back over and on your main image there is an orange ink line that shouldn't be there? Well I had that feeling last night! Hastily coloured the smaller daisy image, just the daisy, which I had printed previously, and cut it out to cover said line! I tried using the Promarker blender, it was Memento Ink I think so that didn't work. Well a happy accident you might say!

I am working on a second make using Squigglefly images which will appear later,I might not finish it in time.

It is so hot here in the UK that everything in the garden is dying, so I am now trying to save water from washing fruit and veg and rinsing things and even took a bucket into the shower to catch water. Last week when I had to rest and keep my leg elevated I coloured in winter images to try and cool me down!


3 comments:

  1. (it worked it worked...the comment box it worked... I was singing that bit!) great card cazzy! Love the mixture of everything and so much fun!

    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally I can leave a comment!! I have done everything but stand on my head!!
    Love this bright and fun creation.
    Congratulations on your Wall of Fame from the Craft Barn - you did a marvelous job with your pages!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations for this funny and so colorful card
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.