Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Saturday 27 July 2013

Death and beauty

Over on the Unity Facebook page Angela Blom set a challenge to make something with this lovely digi image she gave away. This is for the Unity creative CHA party which is on all week. I printed the image onto kraft, and had to fight the printer to get this, but managed two copies after which the printer sulked. I was going to print it on white card and colour it, then I was going to colour the white card and cut out the flowers to mount on the kraft background, and in the end I decided to get my neglected Prismacolor pencils out because they colour beautifully onto any colour card. I kept it simple, die cut the image and sentiment with Spellbinders card creator dies (I had to pop the leaf outside the box), and made a c6 card blank in purple with a lighter mat, finally adding some polka dot ribbon.
Anyway check out the details on the Unity stamp company blog.

I have entered the following challenges:
Crafty Ribbons - anything goes with ribbon.

I found this beautiful butterfly dead, cooked to death in the conservatory. Sad because I have never seen one of these before, I thought it might be a moth, but finally decided that it must be a Marbled White butterfly. I know it doesn't look very black and white but remember - it cooked to death! I hope that there are more of these around.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card, thanks for playing with us at Crafty Ribbons
    Laura
    p.s. it is a marbled white... the butterfly conservation are doing a big count at the moment www.bigbutterflycount.org if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and fab colours. Such a shame about your flutterby too. Thanks for joining in with our Anything goes with Ribbon challenge at Crafty Ribbons this time.
    hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.