Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Sunday 17 February 2013

Quirky Supernatual Love story


Daire set the challenge of Supernatural Love Story, and we have two sponsors. The first is Doodle Dragon Studios, and Dustin sent us a couple of files full of images, I think I got carried away with these insects and I'm not sure they are supernatural enough! I made them into a little wall hanging (or it will be when I can work out how to attach a hanging ring to the back) for the room my grandson sleeps in when he is here. The canvas was pre-primed with two coats of Gesso so I could work on it right away and I used Alcohol inks to make the background before adhering the images with Decopatch glue and sealant. The images were all coloured with Promarkers and Trias and the spider's web with Ice Stickles in silver. I painted over the images with Decopatch to seal them.

This card is more like the idea Daire had I think, and features two images from Limited Runs, Gober and Sally Stitches. Both are coloured with Promarkers and Trias, and I cut a couple of Spellbinder hearts, added a freebie sentiment from Limited Runs which reads Pucker up Lover, and finally added some black fibre. The cardstock was preprinted with swirls.
Once again there are three prizes to be won at Quirky crafts challenge blog so hop on over and enter.

Whoops I posted the Quirky challenge too early, sorry about that folks, and can't take it back because we had an entry right away!

I have entered the following challenges:
That Crafty Place - Valentines
Creative Inspiration Paint - based on Valentines

4 comments:

  1. What a cute idea, so many fun images too! Thanks so much for joining us for the Creative Inspirations Paint challenge! hugs, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohoooo! the comment box opened!! There you go, it's gone 3.30 in the morning, and here I am blog hopping! Still doing my second card but also have a third in my head! A real Quirky challenge this week!

    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic cards Cazzy. I love them both. Great use of the images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cazzy,
    Thank you so much for the nice comments you left me on my blog! I am enjoying your blog and will follow you for inspiration! We will learn from each other. :o)

    Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.