Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Sunday 7 October 2012

Quirky Magic



O.K. I know - it seemed like a good idea at the time! The challenge this time is Quirky Magical Moments, and the sponsor is Stitchy Bear Digital Stamps. I used an image supplied by them called Fairy Moon which is so pretty.
I had a great idea for using this image, I knew I had some inkjet film in silver and gold and I printed her onto that, then matted her on black glitter paper and silver holographic star card. I heat embossed the brads with silver tinsel powder.
I decided that the image should be glazed as it damages very easily, so I got out the Krylon Triple-Thick Crystal Glaze and sprayed it last night. When I looked this morning it was nice and shiny but not all over, there were patches that looked dimpled. So I sprayed the patches, when it dried the patches were nice and shiny and the rest dimpled! So I sprayed it twice more and gave up, it will have to do. Where did I get that glaze I wonder? I need some more. If it was the USA I won't be able to get it from there again!

Then I attempted to take a good photo, I tried with lights all on, only main light on, box on the floor photo from above, out of the box on a stand in the room, that was bad - it reflected me! Finally I tried scanning it, total disaster! So I am showing you the first two photos I took, and you can see the reflections of the inside of the mini photo studio in the silver printed panel.

If you want to see more great examples and join in the challenge hop on over to Quirky Crafts right now.

I have entered this card in:
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything goes to celebrate their birthday, ends Monday 8th or Tues 9th I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.