Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Sunday 29 January 2012

Make a scene


Yes it's another Quirky challenge and this time you need to build a scene. My scene is from Squigglefly (one of our two sponsors for this challenge, the other sponsor is Limited Runs) and I used the Japanese scene with the Japanese pack, and screen. I coloured the images with Promarkers and Trias. I cut out the bonsai, lady, fan, sandals and lamp that the lady is holding, and added them to the scene. I also decoupaged the two red garden lamps/fires to make them stand out more. I used some card with oriental characters on and die cut the scene with a Nestabilities large label 9(No 8 I think). I added some yin yang ribbon from my stash and mounted the whole thing on a red C5 card blank I folded myself. Finally I stamped the Celebration fan image and cut it out and added it to the top corner.

I will make another card using the Limited Runs image soon.

If you join in at Quirky Crafts Challenge blog and provided you follow the rules, you could win one of two prizes on offer for this challenge.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very clever scene. I love the way you cut out and moved things around. The embellishments really add to the whole. I would love to find some of that ribbon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.