Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Tuesday 15 February 2011

Recycled Romance, Quirky Crafts challenge time

Its challenge time again over on Quirky Crafts, I was late as usual with my DT example. The challenge is Recycled Romance, romantic projects with a recycled element that you would normally not use on cards and would throw away, such as kitchen foil, bubble wrap etc. I altered a Green and Black's chocolate box, painted it first with Gesso then white acrylic with a touch of bronze. I then stamped it with a variety of stamps and Stazon and dabbed it with Versamagic chalk. The heart on the front is die cut using a Tim Holtz Sizzix die and pink and silver tissue boxes, I realise that might be hard to tell as it looks like the holographic card you can buy, this really was two tissue boxes! The heart backing is a page from a book.

Inside the box more stamping, more book pages and Decopatch glue, stamped with Cherry Pie gravestone and owl stamps, and a cat. The skeleton happy couple are also from the same Cherry Pie set and are suspended with invisible thread, glitter hearts added. Heidi Swapp clock, with brad hands. MM metal sentiment eyelet. Various other embellishments from stash and Dymo tape words.
Stamps used: Cherry Pie, Inkadinkado (words), Paper Artsy, Crafty Individuals.

I have entered this in the Haunted House Blog Macabre Monday's challenge - Love Bites.Is it dark, macabre and creepy enough do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love this! And yes, the inside definitely makes it creepy enough for us :D Absolutely beautiful piece, I'm so glad you decided to play along with us at HDH

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.