Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Sunday 19 July 2009

Wedding jitters



Here I am a week to go until I am mother of the groom and I now hate what I chose to wear, and don't think it is good enough.

Here is the story from the top:

1. Bought skirt from M&S that I have liked for ages, they were selling out fast. Tried it on, as only one left and it fitted. Had trouble finding a blouse to go with it, but settled on a pale grey with ruffles and beads round the hem, and flowers all in the same fabric, skirt is silver linen cut out on a net with underskirt. Ladies in M&S said looked O.K. suggested hot pink pashmina and hat which I bought, thought I thought the "one size fits all hat" was too small, also bought back up red fascinator and red pashmina.

2. Tried it on to show nearly DIL, who said it looked alright, but hat looked too small. Feeling glad she agreed with me as I thought it looked silly. She didn't like the red alternatives.

3. Took hat and red accessories back to M&S, then in moment of madness went into posh hat shop and bought a creation in pink, found when I got it home it didn't quite match the pashmina.

4. Bought a hot pink clutch bag from Ebay, didn't match either pashmina or hat, is more like salmon though label says hot pink.

5. Ordered a silver blouse on the phone from Debenehams, thought it would go better with skirt - no it is wrong shade too blue, but might keep it anyway as it is rather nice.

6. Ordered obscene amount of clothes from Debenhams, more blouses in silver as well as some other clothes in the sale, none of the blouses match the skirt but ended up with two new blouses for work/casual, a work suit and some jeans and a crinkle cotton skirt. Also in desperation I ordered a midnight blue ball gown as alternative to grey ensemble, and it fits and is lovely though not washable but is is suitable for an afternoon ceremony in converted water mill with wedding breakfast then later an evening hog roast? Finding mixed advice on this.

7. Pile of clothes sitting here wating for me to sort out and fill in returns forms.

8. Hubby drove me to Bristol to Cribbs Causeway shopping mall, I found a pashmina that matches hat but is much paler than I wanted, not the hot pink effect at all. Hat is now driving choices due to being v. expensive! Looked for completely different outfit and pink clutch bag, ended up buying silver clutch bag with diamates from Dune that I had seen online. JL had a gorgeous all over diamante bag with diamante bow but it was very small and had no handle. Found some dresses that I thought would have been perfect, but none in my size. They were in the sale at over £100, now what do I do?

9. Came home feeling so tired and depressed, still have silver and grey combo, but at least I have a matching pash if I don't ditch the v. expensive hat. I was trying to get it to stay on my head yesterday, wasn't playing so need a pack of hair clips I think to clip on the hair comb and the elastic that goes under the back of the hair, which will show as my hair is grey and the elastic is pink but never mind, just getting it to stay on will be an achievement - when the posh hat lady did it the hat/saucer stayed on fine.

10. Still in pain from slipping on the wet floor while reaching up to clean the tiles which resulted in vertical take off and bouncing off the edge of the bath a couple of times, my collarbone is very painful sitting here typing, and moving and dressing, and moving....should it be better after a week? Had black bruising appear on my chest.

Yesterday the day was spent printing off the menu on vellum and inserting in the C5 gatefold cards which are stamped inside with brown butterflies and outside with "menu". These are the same design as the wedding invites which were C6 size, and the invites were tied with sepia brown sheer ribbon, and there was a butterfly punched out from the back as well as either "Wedding invitation" or Evening invitation" stamped on the front. The butterflies on the invites were stamped slightly differently, and with another set that seems to have gone walkies along with one out of the set of new Nestie lables.

We also made the table plan, Robo helped here with printing and cutting the names onto big butterflies which were attached to mountboard, and finished with small butterflies and the happy couple's names.

I will post photos next week after the wedding.

1 comment:

  1. omg-omg!! I just know what you're going through!! I'm not a 'shopping' person, I live in my jeans, and trying to find a mother of the bride outfit last year, was Horrendous!! I had dreams (or nightmares)of turning up in my outfit and the grooms men turning me away because someone else was wearing the same outfit and they looked better!!
    It will all turn out fine in the end!! Honest!


    ((Lyn)))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.