Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Friday 22 February 2008

Mother's day competition entry

First I would like to say thanks for all the lovely comments you have been leaving about my cards, I appreciate it!

Here is the card I made for a competition on the Crafts Beautiful forum which was to make a card using at least three things from the Lets Make Cards kit. You could use other stash but it couldn't be a card that was in the magazine.

I used the gorgeous ribbon and chipboard sentiments that were in the LMC kit this month and are clearly by Junkitz, and I combined this with some Junkitz paper I had that went really well. I also used the "for my Mum" from the kit, and the sequin flowers to which I added gems, and I used the vellum packaging which I stitched onto the card, the backing paper was stitched on too, not very well though.

I stamped the flowers using a Stampendous Perfectly Clear set called Retro Flower Border. I used Marvy Wet look pens again to colour the stamps and then heat embossed with clear powder.

Inside the the love tag (which I cut from card that matched the LMC card blank, using a wooden Accucut die and my Zipemate as the Wizard cut the fold too - it is too fierce), I cut some LMC pretty paper and added another printed sentiment from the kit. I added a love tag using my Making Memories Ribbon tagger.

I didn't win the competition!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful mother's day card Cazzy, she will love it. :) :)

    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you didnt win hun - but I have to say that is a great card and i love what you did with the vellum.

    Your Mum will LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.